If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in Alabama, you may be struggling to adjust to the physical, emotional and financial challenges that come with this serious condition.
At the Nomberg Law Firm, our experienced personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping individuals with spinal cord injuries get the compensation and support they need to move forward with their lives.
Our law firm is run by two dedicated attorney brothers who have been working together for over 18 years. With a wealth of experience and a strong commitment to advocating for the rights of personal injury victims and Alabama injured workers, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal representation to our clients.
We have a long history of success in helping individuals with spinal cord and other serious injuries get the compensation and support they deserve.
Our attorneys are committed to providing personalized and compassionate legal representation to every client we serve.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are serious and often life-altering conditions that can result in paralysis, chronic pain and other serious complications.
These injuries can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Car accidents
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Sports injuries
- Lifting heavy objects
- Workplace accidents
Depending on the location and severity of the injury, individuals with spinal cord injuries may experience a range of physical and emotional challenges, including difficulty with mobility, difficulty with daily activities and depression.
Common Injuries to the Spine
- Fractures. A spinal fracture can occur when the bones of the spine (vertebrae) are broken or crushed. Untreated spinal fractures can lead to nerve damage, permanent injury and even paralysis.
- Herniated discs. A herniated disc occurs when the soft, spongy tissue between the vertebrae (discs) becomes damaged and bulges out of place. This can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the affected area.
- Spinal cord injuries. A spinal cord injury occurs when there is damage to the spinal cord itself. This can result in paralysis or loss of feeling and movement in the affected area.
- Spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis occurs when the space around the spinal cord becomes narrowed, causing pressure on the nerves. This can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the affected area.
- Degenerative spinal conditions. Degenerative spinal conditions such as osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis can cause pain, stiffness, and loss of mobility over time.
If you have suffered a serious spinal injury, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to understand your legal options and determine the best course of action for your case.
Legal Options for Individuals With Spinal Cord Injuries
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Our attorneys can help you understand your legal options and determine the best course of action for your case.
I understand that this is a difficult and overwhelming time for you. I will do everything I can to help you get the compensation and support you need to move forward with your life.
In addition to personal injury lawsuits, individuals with spinal cord injuries may also be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits if their injury occurred on the job.
Verdicts & Settlements
Achieving positive outcomes: A look at our track record of winning verdicts and settlements for spinal cord injury cases
The Personal Injury Claims Process
Pursuing a personal injury claim can be a complex and time-consuming process, but our attorneys are here to guide you through every step.
- We will work with you to build a strong case for compensation by gathering evidence, including medical records, witness statements and expert testimony.
- We will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to try to reach a fair settlement.
- If a settlement cannot be reached, we will represent you in court and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Additional Resources for Individuals With Spinal Cord Injuries
In addition to legal representation, our attorneys can help you access a range of resources to support your recovery and quality of life.
These resources may include financial assistance programs, rehabilitation and therapy services, and support groups for individuals with spinal cord injuries.
We are committed to helping our clients get the support they need to live as fully and independently as possible.
You Have Nothing to Lose When Working With Us
You’ll get valuable advice with no investment required.
If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
We can help with your claim.
Many workers’ comp insurance companies will deny your claims. We can help you when your case gets complicated.
You’ll get better financial compensation.
As experienced workers’ compensation attorneys, we know how much your case is worth, and we won’t let you be tricked into accepting less than you deserve. Injury victims who work with an attorney consistently get more money than those who try to go it alone.
We can help minimize hidden costs from Social Security.
We can help fight employers’ retaliation.
If you’re injured at work, you have a legal right to compensation. Sadly, some employers try to fire workers or otherwise retaliate if their employees file a workers’ comp claim. By working with an experienced attorney, you can be sure your employer won’t get away with illegally trying to terminate or intimidate you for filing a claim.
Contact the Nomberg Law Firm for Help With Your Spinal Injury Claim
At the Nomberg Law Firm, we understand the challenges that individuals with spinal cord injuries face and are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation and support they need to move forward with their lives.
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in Alabama, we encourage you to contact our office to learn more about your legal options.
Our attorneys are here to help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.