Following an accident caused by someone else, you may have found yourself drowning in debt. Alternatively, you may have caused an accident and found yourself liable for someone else’s medical costs.
In either scenario, you’ll need to talk to an experienced bankruptcy attorney to find out whether it’s possible to eliminate your debt through bankruptcy or some other avenue.
Steve Altmann has represented debtors and creditors for nearly 30 years. He’s admitted to practice before the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Steve is active in the legal community. He is a member of the Birmingham Bar Association’s Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Sections. He was also recently appointed to serve on the panel of Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA) trustees for the Northern District of Alabama. What’s more, Steve serves as treasurer of the Temple Beth-El Synagogue and secretary of the Birmingham Jewish Foundation.
In his rare free moments, Steve enjoys playing softball, golf and fantasy baseball. He and his wife have 3 children, Mallie, Ari and Josie.
Attorney Steven Altmann
Education and Experience
The University of Alabama (1989)
Law School Attended
Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law (1993)
Bar Admissions and Certifications
- Alabama State Bar (1993)
- Birmingham State Bar (1993)
- Birmingham Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section
- Birmingham Bar Association’s Commercial Law Section
- Panel of Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA) trustees for the Northern District of Alabama
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Selected as a “Top Attorney” by Birmingham Magazine
- Earned an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell